May 20, 2012

Summer Survival Kit

Here's a quick peak at my essential products to get through even the most sweltering summer with style.
My Summer Survival Kit

1.  A lightweight summer dress, the kind that I can throw on and still look pulled together. Right now I want one in a bright color like turquoise.

Summer dress, $58

2.  Tank tops in every color imaginable.  It may seem boring, but paired with some chunky jewels it will definitely make a statement.
Old Navy striped tank, $8.50
Old navy shirt, $8.50
Old Navy ribbed tank, $8.50

3.  I know I was on a retro swimwear kick last year, but guess what I still love them! They are a must have for lounging in the back yard or hanging by the pool.
One piece swimwear, $90

4. A pop of color on fingers and toes in summer is a fun a easy way to be bright.
off the shoulder, $8

5. I need to protect my precious peepers and I want to look pretty darn cool too.  I need a pair of old Hollywood shades in a glam color.
Star sunglasses, $14

6. I don't love lipstick in summer, too heavy and cakey. This subtle balm with it's hint of tint is the perfect lip color substitute.
Burt s Bees lip treatment, $6.99

7. If I'm hanging at home I'm probably barefoot.  When I go out I need a little height, but not at the expense of comfort. These cute Naturalizers are the best of both worlds.
Naturalizer Ladell, $50

8. Look chic while protecting my fair complexion, um check and check.  A straw hat with a substantial brim is my best friend in summer.
Brixton Louella, $40

9. Sunscreen, sunscreen and more sunscreen, 'nuff said.  This Alba one has a light lovely scent, isn't greasy and doesn't make me break out.
Alba Gren Tea SPF 45 Sunscreen, 4-Ounce Tubes (Pack of 2), $20

10. For the days when I need to look pretty and polished, but I don't want to wear a heavy foundation this Covergirl Natureluxe foundation fits the bill.
CoverGirl Natureluxe Foundation, Dune 335, $12

What are your summer must haves???

1 comment:

  1. I simply adore your summer picks. While I am not a fan of crocs, I have purchased and would like to buy another pair of the adrina flats in a fun summer color like aqua. They are so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are a blogs best friend.