June 6, 2011

Hair Confessions: Major Hair Makeover?


In exactly one week I will be cutting my hair, now I'm not talking a trim, I'm talking nine inches lopped off at once.  I will be donating my hair with a group of former co-workers to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program.  While this kind of change is a little nerve-wracking I am excited by the prospect of changing up my look.  In preparation for the big chop I have been scouring magazines and the internet for inspiration.  In one of those internet fueled expeditions I happened on Instyle's Hollywood Makeover, an extension of their web-zine that let's you "try on" the hair looks of today's hottest Hollywood celebs.  I had tried this type of hair try on before, but I thought it would be fun to record and share my results this time.

My hair is naturally straight and a light brown color, but for fun and continuity I left the style the same color as the original celebrity hair.  I have figured that once nine inches have been taken off my hair will be about shoulder length(maybe shorter), so I have chosen the following styles based on that fact.  To see how long my hair currently is click here.

Before my hair "makeover", with my hair up in a bun.

Brooklyn Decker's new bouncy bob style.


Keira Knightley's sleek bobbed haircut. 

Jennifer Aniston's smooth lob. 


Scarlett Johansson's titian bob.

Now the last one is just a fantasy pick, I don't think I can get away with hair this short, but it's fun to imagine.  

Ginnifer Goodwin's edgy crop, I look like I should be in a band.

Okay so here's the real reason I brought you here, I need some opinions. Which hairstyle do you think I should choose for the big chop next week? Do you think there's another cut that you think I should consider? Tell me in the comment section below.

What do you think of "try it on" hairstyle sites, just for fun or a useful tool?  Have you ever used a hairstyle makeover tool?

1 comment:

  1. I like the color of Keira Knightley's do with the style of Jennifer Anniston's.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are a blogs best friend.