October 20, 2011

Packing the Basics for a Long Weekend

On Friday I will be heading out for the weekend to attend my cousin's wedding.  The airline that I am flying with is the only carrier to fly direct to the destination. While it is convenient flying non-stop, the airline has lots of fees not included in the ticket price.  One such fee is for carry-on luggage, they charge you a flat fee each way for a carry-on bag.  I haven't flown in while, so maybe this is standard practice now.  Trying to save money and my back I decided to fit everything into one tote bag.  I brought mix matchable basics as well as the dress and shoes I am wearing to the wedding.  To give you an idea of what I brought I created a set of pieces (all under $100) that can be mixed and matched to create a multitude of looks to last a long weekend.  One of the outfits would be worn when traveling and can be reused in other looks.

Packing for a Long Weekend Away

What do you think? What do you pack when you are going away for a long weekend?

1 comment:

  1. You have put together a wonderful collection of pieces that are attractive as well as diverse. The outfits range from casual to dressy, preparing you for any occasion. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are a blogs best friend.