January 9, 2012

  
I have not been terribly faithful to my blog lately, it's regrettable, and I miss it, but I have a good reason.  I was feeling a little burned out.  It hasn't even been a year, but my creativity and energy were feeling sapped.  The other day I was on the Independent Fashion Bloggers site looking for ideas and seeking reasons for my burn out when I stumbled across this week's IFB Project.  The project proposes starting a photo journal and snapping one pic for every day in a year. If done consistently that would add up to 365 pictures at the end of the year.   This project might seem like a daunting task to try, but realistically it is just one picture a day, which since I got my iphone I have been taking one picture almost every day anyway.  So here goes nothing... I am going to post my project on a few platforms so if you want to follow along, please do.  If you are doing the same project leave your site in the comments I would love to see what you do.

Day 1: The Fortune Told Me So

Day 2: Amaryllis Rising


I will be posting photos on Instagram under user name jroseg, on tumblr Snapshot of My Heart or on Twitter @jrosestyle

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting project. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JudyG. I think it's a fairly easy project to keep up with. I am always taking pictures with my phone, I am just doing one more step and posting them.

      Delete
  2. I tend to have bursts of energy in regards to blogging. I'll have a very strong presence for a month or two, then nothing for a few months, then another burst, etc.

    I find it quite difficult to blog every day or even near every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kionon I agree it is very difficult to blog every day. I tried it for about three months as a challenge to myself, but at the end I was drained. I find that my blogging is cyclical I'll be inspired one week, next week only post once, and then the following week avoid the computer entirely. I find it's helpful and essential, to tune out of the digital world every so often.

      Delete

Comments are a blogs best friend.