December 24, 2011

Nails DIY: Upon a Midnight Clear

It's Christmas Eve day and I am feeling all the excitement and joy that comes with the holiday. That Christmas spirit snuck up on me quite suddenly and pretty soon it will have disappeared as quickly as a morning frost. The other day while I was feeling very festive I decided to paint my nails for the holiday events. What I ended up creating was not a traditional Christmas scheme, I created a midnight sky filled with small stars surrounding one large bright star. I am pretty pleased with the results and I think that the look will work with a variety of holiday outfits and would even be appropriate for New Year's eve festivities.




Colors:
Midnight Blue - OPI Road House Blues
Silver with fine point brush - Color Club/Art Club Steel this Look
Top Coat - Sally Hansen Dries Instantly Top Coat

Step 1:  Use a base coat if desired then do two coats of midnight blue polish on each nail.  Allow to dry at least 10 minutes.

Step 2:  Using a silver polish and a fine point brush draw one large silver star on each nail ( I did an asterisk style star).  Then around larger star paint small silver dots to create the appearance of a sky full of stars.  Allow to dry at least 10 minutes to avoid smudging.

Step 3: Seal each nail with one layer of a clear topcoat.

There you go, mystical midnight nails, whether you are singing carols round a tree or ringing in the New Year, this look will surely serve you well.

1 comment:

Comments are a blogs best friend.