December 19, 2011

A Look Back At The Blogging 2011

To say that I have spent a lot of time at the computer this year would be the biggest understatement of the year.  I don't even know how many hours I have clocked working on my blog, researching posts, editing pictures and the like. Reflecting on this year I realized that the majority of my time has been dedicated to my creative outlets (blogging, drawing and writing) and to my personal growth.  I have left behind things that were oppressive and have taken on challenges that have made me see the world in a different way.  My heart is lighter this year than it has been in a long time and I want to send out the best wishes to those of you who have joined me and my blog this year.

This post is devoted to my "top" posts of this year.  Looking back at all the posts I have created this year gave me a sense of accomplishment, and it also allowed me to form a clearer vision for where I want to take my blog in 2012.  I hope you enjoy my top 10 round up of 2011.


1. Outfit Post: Olive and Berry to the Max! - This is by far one of the most creative outfits I have put together this year. I took a risk with the color combination which goes to show you that, fashion risks can pay off big time.

2. Fashion History: Regency Era Dress - I spent a lot of time researching the images and the content.  It  was a great deal of work, but I am really proud of this post.

3. Shopping: The Anti Black Friday Shopping Guide - Pretty much what the title says.  My shopping guide for going against the "Black Friday" crowd and doing something different for gifts this year. Also a great way to support the local community.

4. Beauty: Donating Nine Inches of My Hair - This was a year of big changes, change of job and a change of hairstyle.  I cut off nine inches of my hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths and recorded it for posterity.

5. Beauty: My Morning Makeup Routine - Sometimes the simplest post can be just what the blog ordered.  I let readers in on my secret (well not really) morning beauty must haves.

6. Outfit Post: Prep School - This was another outfit post where I took a major fashion risk and the sartorial payoff was huge.  This post is a part of the Blogger's Do It Better Challenges over on Pretty Shiny Sparkly.

7. Shopping: Vintage Inspired Outwear - I am always inspired by fashions of the past. In this post I use three fashion illustrations circa 1960 to create a contemporary shopping list for a swinging sixties look.

8. Fashion History: A look inside 1930's Sears Catalogs - Another post that was heavy on the research, but since I love fashion and history it combines two interests into one post.

9. Fashion History: My Style 1996 - A post dedicated to my own fashion history. I enjoyed looking back at my more fashionably free-spirited self. The remembrance of my former fashion edge has rekindled the desire to break out of any style ruts I tend to fall into.

10. Outfit Post: Welcome Back Outfit Posts - When I first started this blog I was looking to dedicate it to my personal style, revolving around my outfits.  For about two months though my outfit posts had disappeared from my personal style blog.  Struck by the irony I ordered a remote for my camera and I am fully dedicated to documenting my style through 2012.


Is there a favorite post on this blog that I didn't mention? I would love your feedback so let me know what you think.  It will help me shape my blog for 2012.

5 comments:

  1. This is great, as a new reader I really enjoyed having this with a snapshot of your top posts!
    Thanks!
    http://yogibear-namaste.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meaghan, thanks for your feedback. I feel like reflecting on what I did best with my blog for this year will help me to narrow my focus for next year. Thanks for following!

    All the Best

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome posts, all of them! Thanks for your encouraging comments! Looking forward for more of your wonderful blogposts!
    Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While all of your posts are interesting, I am most intrigued by fashion from the past. Your Katharine Hephurn post is probably one of my favorites. She was a woman ahead of her time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are a blogs best friend.