March 18, 2012

Currently Craving: Dipping a Cautious Toe Into Pastels

I am not one to wantonly adopt trends. Harem pants and I didn't mix, fur vests were just not my thing and glitter shoes left me feeling... meh.  While there was nothing really wrong with these trends (except harem pants, they are a whole lotta wrong) they just didn't appeal to me.  This season pastels have been touted as "the" look for spring. When I initially saw the cotton candy colored clothing confections (crazy alliteration I'm sorry) in the magazines I recoiled in horror.  The head to toe soft color sweetness was enough to make my teeth hurt, but slowly ,as I began to see pastel pieces appearing in the stores, I have slowly started to warm up to the look. I wouldn't dare wear an entire outfit of pastels, but a sprinkling of the soft colors mixed with grey or black (of course) would be a great way to transition my winter weary wardrobe (what is with me) to spring.  Here are my picks.


Just A Dash of Pastel


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!! Love that Oasis bag!

    www.palepepper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the bag too it looks like ice cream.

      Delete
  2. When I think of clothing of pastel shades, immediately baby clothing comes to mind. I don't know why, it just does. Pastels make me feel wishy washy, but the peach colored items and the peach and green ring have really caught my attention. I might actually add a few pieces to my spring wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JudyG that's too funny I didn't think baby clothes, but I see what you mean. I think the trick with pastels is to choose the right shade to complement your complexion.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I'm not too excited over pastels either but they seem to come back every spring. Mint and faded coral is nice sometimes though. I like the bouquet accessory in that collage. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the trick with this look will be to wear it sparingly. Isn't this ring fun!

      Delete
  4. I gotta have that watch! It's always nice to see a refreshing take on a watch. Very nice pastel pairings you've done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The watch is great, cute and affordable. Comes in other pastel colors too!

      Delete
  5. adorable inspirations <3

    XO Sahra
    EffortlessCool
    PS I'm hosting a GREAT giveaway of beauty products on my blog! hope you check it out <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so beautiful. All of them together looks too sugary actually but some pastel accessories like the blue flats and the watch or the ring would look great with an outfit. Love your blog and following. Visit mine and follow back if you like:)

    chitraasfashiondiary.blogspot.com
    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete

Comments are a blogs best friend.