July 12, 2011

Gearing up for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!



I enjoy the summer season; the lightweight clothing, the longer days, cooking and eating outdoors, all things I love about summer.  There is something that happens though, around mid July and while I can't exactly pinpoint the source of these feeling they happen nonetheless. I begin to tire of my summer attire, my fervor for sandals gives ways to a longing for boots, my flowy tops don't hold the same appeal that a chunky cardigan now presents.  Come to think of it my ennui for summer happens right about the time the Nordstrom Anniversary sale happens.  Is it a coincidence? Maybe, but the yearly catalog is always bursting with lovely fall looks, that leave me yearning for a crisp, breeze and changing leaves.  If you haven't perused the catalogs pages what are you waiting for here's the link, you have no excuses.  The sale starts on July 15 and if you are in the market for high quality timeless pieces then you must check it out.

After a looking through the catalog a few times I have already narrowed down my top picks from this year's offerings.

This year I am in the market for a pair of cute ankle boots, like these Indigo by Clarks "Water Row Bootie".  The have a 2" 3/4 stacked heel, high, but not too much so.  Lovely laced front and a beautiful antiqued leather finish.  The bootie originally marked at $124.95, during the Anniversary sale it is priced at $79.90.

The other boot that caught my eye was a little taller than an ankle boot. It's these Frye "Carmen Short Back Lace Boot".  The tan leather has a worn vintage look. The suede tie woven through the grommets in the back of the shoe is the real draw for me, love unique details. A 2" 1/2 heal gives a nice lift, while the wide stacked heel creates a sturdy base. These Frye boots are originally $297.95 during the sale they are $199.90.



The next item on my wish list is a chunky sweater with a great knit and nice details.  The Trouve "Open Knit Sweater" answers my above criteria.  Love the cable knit on the front and the open knit on the sides, gives the sweater an airy lightweight look.  The sweater originally priced at $78 will be $49.90 during the anniversary sale.

The last item on my Nordstrom Anniversary sale wish list is something that I have been craving for quite a while, but have been unable to justify the purchase.  I just may make the splurge this year though, the Halogen "Tiered Leather Jacket" is darling.  The jacket features a mandarin collar and tiers of soft leather cascading down the hem.  The added bonus, for me any way, is that the jacket is also available in petite sizes.  The jacket will be $328.00 after the sale, during the sale it will be marked at $219.90.  I can handle that kind of splurge on something as timeless as a leather jacket.

I am not wishing away my summer days, but in case you couldn't tell I am looking forward to the fall fashion season.  I know I will be online on July 15 for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, will you?

3 comments:

  1. I too love the Frye boots with their laces in the back and their chunky heel. The layered leather gives the jacket a feminine appearance. I'm not looking forward to fall just yet, only the shopping for a fall wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased the Frye "Carmen Short Back Lace Boot and LOVE THEM!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Frye boots are so cute! I the laces on the back are darling, would love to know how they measure on the comfort scale.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are a blogs best friend.