August 18, 2011

Outfit Chronicles: Akin to Stevie Nicks

Today's outfit was certainly inspired the originator of Bohemian chic, Stevie Nicks.  Nicks flair for chunky necklaces and rings, ethereal layers, and diaphanous skirts solidified her gypsy troubadour image.  Her iconic style has certainly cast a spell on fashion history.  My outfit is more an interpretation of her look rather than a direct copy.  I swapped out the tiered skirt for a pair of classic jeans, threw on a few chains, some chunky sandals and rock on Gold Dust Woman.












Jacket: Love Squared (Nordstrom Rack) 
Tank Top: Old Navy Petite
Necklace: Handmade, LOFT
Rings: Vintage, Lia Sophia
Belt: Vintage
Jeans: Paige Premium Denim - Peg Skinny
Sandals: Clarks

Who has been inspiring your style lately? Is is a particular person, or a decade, maybe another influence has seeped into your style, share the deets below. 

5 comments:

  1. Great outfit! Simple and chic! Love your bracelet!


    I am so excited to be hosting my first giveaway! Check it out here: http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-first-giveaway.html

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Plami!

    Yeah I love how some jewelry and a jacket can take the basics and make it something special.

    Awesome giveaway on your blog, the scarves are beautiful!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, first off. I LOOOOOVE Stevie Nicks! Seriously I think she is fabulous both for music ability and style. She is a great icon. Love that her fashion is still influencing people :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the bloglovin follow, I really appreciate it <3
    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tasia,

    Thanks for the follow on bloglovin'. I'm glad you liked the post, agreed Stevie Nicks in my mind is unique in both musica ability and personal style. Looking forward to reading your posts!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thrilled to hear that Stevie Nicks is still recognized for her music and style by young women of this generation. I love the look you created!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are a blogs best friend.