September 29, 2011

Dress for the Occasion

I know I write a lot about fashion and style, but I'll be the first to admit I don't know everything.  There are times where I don't know what to wear, especially when it comes to special occasions.  In this post I am calling on all my lovely readers to help me out with a clothing conundrum.

Mid October I am going to be attending a wedding out of state. I am really looking forward to it, since I will get to see family who I haven't seen in over a year plus I also get to dress up and celebrate a happy occasion (you know how I love to dress up). The one thing that has been nagging me lately is what to wear.  Do I need to buy a dress for the wedding or do I wear something I have? I have been trying to watch my expenses so if I could wear something I already own than all the better.   Last weekend I took a survey of what I own and all I came up with was one dress that would be seasonal and appropriate. However I am just not sure it will work for the occasion. The wedding is in the early evening it will take place at a Bed & Breakfast, the venue is upscale, but still casual (if that makes sense). Now that you know the deets here is the dress:


This is the dress I wore to the IFB conference back in September.  I was thinking that with the right shoes and accessories I could dress it up to make it wedding guest appropriate.  I don't know, I am on the fence about it, I need your help.  Here's where you come in, I need you to vote below on whether I should don this dress or shop for another.  Also leave me a comment on what you like, don't like or think would work better.  Thanks readers, you are awesome!

3 comments:

  1. I think you could definitely style this dress for the wedding, but being that I'm a compulsive shopper I say get something new!! haha!
    xoxo kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie for your feedback. I like your honesty, my compulsion is to go shopping too. I am trying to curb that, I may be running out a couple days before to find something.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete



  3. Hey,

    Thanks for sharing this blog its very helpful to implement in our work





    Regards.

    Miiabyt Fashion

    ReplyDelete

Comments are a blogs best friend.