November 21, 2011

Outfit Chronicles: A Salute to Military Style


Here's a little outfit remixing for you.  Nothing that I am wearing in this post is new, most of it is things that I have worn in previous outfit posts.  The blue shirt, the olive green jacket, the black skirt even the red bag (love my Cambridge Satchel) were featured in my older outfit posts from the warmer months.  The key to making these lighter weigh cottons work for chillier November temperatures is layering. The long sleeve oxford is layered over a t-shirt for for insulation, I am wearing some heavy duty Hue tights, long socks pulled over the tights and lace up boots.  All the layers add up to warmth and extend the wearing season of these cotton duds.  Today's outfit post is decidedly military inspired in appearance, of course I kept it cute and feminine by wearing a skirt instead of trousers.  The look was inspired by this month's Blogger's Do it Better Challenge, Military Chic, over on Pretty Shiny Sparkly.  I had fun dressing around the theme of the military look.  I started with the jacket, which is decidedly military in style and I built the outfit up from there.  I hope you enjoy, if you have a sec leave me a note about your thoughts on this look.











14 comments:

  1. I love your outfit! It looks great how you mixed the colors and your brooches are too cute.:)
    x, Niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the clean lines of the outfit with the little bit of flair of the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like the brown bracelet and the satchel. I saw a similar bracelet yesterday and didn't buy it - i think i'll return for it now~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan and Juggling chic thank you. I love my Cambridge Satchel, it was worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sianna I hope you get that bracelet, they are great accessories for any outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niki of Red and Purple thank you, I had fun mixing colors with this outfit, sometimes taking a fashion risk sets the look apart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nikki, my favorite spot for brooches are thrift stores. I have found a few cute ones from thrifts for cheap, the little owl one was only $2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. JudyG thank you, I thought the flowy skirt was a nice contrast to the structured jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a very well matched outfit,it is a bit difficult to match with military color,I love the boots too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. perfectly perfect

    Love from Oregon USA,
    Danielle
    xoxoxoxo

    danielle celeste

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think military style will always be in - cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are a blogs best friend.